Staff Software Engineer, Front End Development, User Experience Design
Staff Software Engineer — ASAPP Inc.
Leading front end engineer across multiple products and services at a scaling A.I. startup. Core product is an augmentation-driven customer support platform for large, enterprise customers such as Spectrum, jetBlue, Dish, American Airlines, and more.
- Developed a web SDK which scaled from <5k interactions a month to >25 million
- Migrated multiple applications to CI/CD by enhancing unit, integration, and end-to-end testing. Collaborated with QA, Security, and Solutions Architects to ensure trust
- Instrumented a variety of services for monitoring, measuring, and improving product stability, compliance (PCI/HIPAA/SOC 2), and usage
- Directed major redesign efforts for the Agent Desk and Customer Chat platforms, including implementation of a new design system
- Collaborated with our vendors and customer’s technical teams to disambiguate APIs, understand legal compliance, and increase implementation success
- Hosted design, product, and engineering team Q&A sessions, talks, and events to promote accessibility, technical learning, and team motivation
Senior Front End Developer — DWNLD Inc.
Founded the client facing SaaS tooling for a company helping web publishers automatically turn their websites into native iOS and Android apps.
- Built a content management system for configuring the publishing and design of native iOS & Android applications from the web
- Developed CMS features including layout ordering, a WYSIWYG editor, push notifications, and user permissions. Enabled customers to connect third-party services for advertising, analytics, and payments
- Managed the company’s marketing site and design system. Developed a living pattern library and documentation for integration APIs
Senior Engineer — HowAboutWe
Led front end development for the social networks HowAboutWe Dating and HowAboutWe for Couples
- Drove the implementation of a major brand redesign while creating coding standards for front end development (modularization, testing, and compatibility)
- Collaborated with design team to build a pattern library for use across all products
- Provided user experience direction to the design and engineering teams for the web, iOS, and Android apps
I have also provided full time and consultancy experience to organizations such as Samsung Research America, Citibank, Thomson Reuters, Readability, Dia & Co, Arc90, and more. Full experience is .
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL — BFA – Graduated 2006
- The Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor, CT – Graduated 2002
- User Experience Design
- Progressive Enhancement & Responsive Design
- Design & color theory
- Accessibility (WCAG, WAI-ARIA, 508)
- Secure coding practices
- Performance & optimization
- Project management
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Agile/ Scrum methodologies
- Client development
- Data management
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, GraphQL, Redis, …
- Design and composition
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, …
- Server development
- Node.js, Ruby, Python, PHP, Go, …
- Jest, Storybook, RSpec, Mocha, Selenium, …
- Tooling and automation
- AWS, CircleCI, Jenkins, Spinakker, Git, SVN, …